- Job Title: General Manager
- Reports to: Synod Executive Committee
- Accountable to: General Secretary
- Salary: Negotiable
- Contract Duration: Three-Year Contract (12-month contract in the first instance)
- Employment Status: Prefers Singaporean & SPR
- To work closely with the Synod Exco in managing a team of staff to carry out the operations, goals and missions of The Presbyterian Church in Singapore.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES and ACCOUNTABILITIES:
(A) Management Function
- As the main executor of the decisions of Synod Exco and where appropriate, to develop systems of monitoring, control, evaluation and reporting to Synod Exco.
- Provide direct supervision to all Executive Secretaries and to manage the staff in the Synod office, including EP/CP staff. Day-to-day management of staff members and development of staff team.
- Ensure that the decisions and required operations of the Synod are being carried out effectively and efficiently.
- Facilitate the administrative and financial policies of the Synod.
(B) Communications & Public Relations Function
- Set up reporting protocols and communication flow between the Synod Exco and all the churches, schools and organisations under the Synod and the various committees in the Synod.
- Provide oversight to all official communiqué and the churches, schools and organizations. – Drafting of official Communique, develop feedback channels
(C) Developmental Function
- Work with the Executive Secretaries to initiate and develop ministries and programmes for the churches and schools in alignment with Synod's mission and goals.
- Develop staff functions such as resource development and deployment, training, computerization and information technology, property management, finance and investment
- Provide and enhance the secretariat and administrative support for the work of the Synod Exco and the various committees and their appointed convenors and volunteers.
(D) Other duties
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Synod Moderator, Synod Exco and/or the General Secretary from time to time.
- General Degree or equivalent with minimum 10 years' experience in administrative and management functions.
- Solid domain knowledge: Presbyterian polity, its structure and constitution
(B) Personal Characteristics:
- Amicable personality, a team player, independent, proactive, meticulous, dependable, confident, calm, and flexible.
- A passionate "people developer".
- Takes pride in completing a task or project on time.
- Always prepared to go the second mile.
(C) Business Characteristic:
- Good command of industry knowledge.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- General knowledge of ROS, ROC & ACRA rules and regulations.
- Ability to multi-task and delegate tasks.
(D) Communication Skills:
- Good command of English language is a prerequisite. Ability to communicate in Chinese language would be a bonus.
- Ability to communicate effectively in speaking and writing.
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- A good listener who can provide constructive feedback and instructions.
(E) Relationship Qualities:
- Ability to establish and sustain good relationship with all internal and external associations and organizations.
- A good and effective mediator.
- Possess a respectful disposition and able to value others.
Those who are interested may submit the completed Job Application form and send the resume to:
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Closing date: 15 October 2019